The following commands are useful when
- Open Powershell
- Type “Import-Module servermanager” to import the servermanager module into powershell. Failure to do so will mean the following commands will not work.
- To list the Roles type “Get-WindowsFeature“.
- To install a Windows Role type “Add-WindowsFeature NAME”. NAME refers to the name of the Role listed under the Name column when the Get-WindowsFeature command was run.
- To install multiple Roles at the same time simple put a comma between role names
E.g. Add-WindowsFeature DHCP, Print-Server
- To remove an installed Role simply type “Remove-WindowsFeature NAME”